Scope and purpose
Chromite sand is used for foundry (AFS 45-50), as a molding material in the manufacture of foundry molds and cores (both whole and their facing layer), as well as for the manufacture of heat-stressed sections of molds and cores; steel large-size thick-walled casting, production of the starting mixture. In the refractory industry – for the manufacture of mixtures of various compositions used as fillings for steel pouring openings of slide gates of steel pouring and intermediate ladles, as well as for the manufacture of chromite-periclase and periclase-chromite products molded and unformed.
The material is classified according to different size classes (for each consumer plant directly) by removing the dust fraction to the required values (for gas permeability of the mixture) and obtaining sand with the required average grain size and uniformity (for the strength of the mixture) for various manufacturing processes.
- AFS indicator, units: 48.5
- Theoretical specific surface area, cm2/g: 81.9
- The average grain size, mm: 0.31
- Homogeneity,%: 64
- Coefficient of uniformity: 03
- Mineral density, g / cm3: 4.53
- Bulk weight, g / cm3: 2.67
- PH of the aqueous extract: 7.60
- Acid absorption, ml: pH3- 5.50; pH4- 4.60; pH5- 3.00
- Turbidity, ppm: 107
- Chromite sand from South Africa, in comparison with other deposits, has several advantages:
- close to rounded form of grains;
- high Cr2O3 content – 46.7%;
- low SiO2 content – 0.6%;
- low PPP content (in a neutral environment – not more than 0.4%)
- low CaO content – 0.3%.
Concerning the acquisition chromite sand and receipt of detailed advice on product properties, delivery conditions and the conclusion of the contract, please contact the managers: